Installing Arduino Uno R3 Board on Windows 7

Discuss everything related to Arduino - Open-source electronic prototyping platform allowing to create interactive electronic objects.
abhimanyu

Installing Arduino Uno R3 Board on Windows 7

Postby abhimanyu » Tue May 22, 2012 10:02 am

While installing the Arduino Uno R3 Board on your Windows machine,
you might not be able to follow the instructions given on the official Arduino Website.
Step 4 [Installing the Drivers] -> Part 4 of the guide does not go as mentioned.
[There is no Arduino Uno (COM xx) shown in the system]

Solution:
1.) There will be an Unknown Device/ Other Device with an Exclamation Mark.
Right Click on it. Then -> Update Driver.
Select to Browse for the Driver and then Select -> Don't Search, Let me pick from a list of devices

2.) A window will open. Scroll down and select Ports (COM and LPT), then Next.
A new window will open. Click on Have Disk...
Browse for the downloaded unzipped Arduino folder and navigate to the drivers folder inside it.
Select Arduino Uno R3.inf file and Click on OK.

3.) It will display a warning telling you to not install the driver as it is not digitally signed.
But, don't worry, it will still work. The installation will finish by selecting Continue Anyway the second time.

4.) Open the Device Manager from Control Panel once again.
Find the Ports (COM and LPT) -> Arduino Uno (COM XX) [or a similar higher numbered port].

5.) Open the Arduino Software (.exe) program, and go to Tools -> Board -> Select Arduino Uno.
Again, Tools -> Serial Port -> COM XX.
PRANSHU

Re: Installing Arduino Uno R3 Board on Windows 7

Postby PRANSHU » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:53 pm

i tried those steps given for arduino uno r3 for my arduino leonardo...
butt still it dosn't work. i have tried that Ports (com and lpt) for two ide software arduino 1.0.1 and arduino 1.0.5.
Still a Blue color Bad Pool Call message appears on my screen and pc goes to restarting again.
virus

Re: Installing Arduino Uno R3 Board on Windows 7

Postby virus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:41 am

have a look at this thread:

http://forum.explorelabs.com/post1303.html#p1303

PRANSHU wrote:i tried those steps given for arduino uno r3 for my arduino leonardo...
butt still it dosn't work. i have tried that Ports (com and lpt) for two ide software arduino 1.0.1 and arduino 1.0.5.
Still a Blue color Bad Pool Call message appears on my screen and pc goes to restarting again.

Return to “Arduino”