I want to control servo motors from a remote control wireless
Range should be more than 100meters
Please suggest what equipment to use and how can go ahead
abhimanyu

Re: Servo motor remote control wireless

Postby abhimanyu » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:19 pm

parag2726 wrote:Hello

I want to control servo motors from a remote control wireless

How many Servo motors need to be controlled?

Range should be more than 100meters

For making a wireless controller, xBee Pro is preferable.

Please suggest what equipment to use and how can go ahead

Servo needs PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signals to determine the position of their arm. PWM signals may be generated from a Microcontroller. Another option is to use ready made R/C (Radio Control) Equipment which will eliminate the need for xBee Pros. Or else, ready made Servo controllers may also be used like the Pololu Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller.
parag2726

Postby parag2726 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks for reply
Two servo motors need to be controlled.

Xbee may be preferable option.
How can I connect Xbee to servomotor and control the movement of servo?
abhimanyu

Postby abhimanyu » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:20 pm

To control servo motors wirelessly, two xBee modules (depending on the range as well as application areas like, surface, air, etc.) may be used.

One of the xBees acts as a transmitter and the other as a receiver. The transmitter may use any input like, from a joystick to send control signals wirelessly to the receiver. The receiver being connected to Servo Motors, may provide the desired control signals.

Now, usually, the xBee modules are used in conjunction with microcontrollers to ease the task of creating packets, etc. (networking stuff).
So, a microcontroller environment like the Arduino Uno/ Pro-mini may be used to interface the Joystick with the xBee (at the Transmitter side) and the Servo Motors with the xBee (at the receiver side).

Both the Microcontrollers will use different set of instructions (C/C++ Code) to accept the Joystick's analog values and transform them to wireless data (packets) so that the receiver may use these values to control the movement of Servos.
akash01shaw

Postby akash01shaw » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:17 am

hello, actually i'm using a analog servo, and i'm not able to run it using arduino pwm. can anyone help me with that?
secondly, is there any difference in analog and digital servo?
thirdly, i'm using servo for my rc aircraft, using tx-rx. so when i use the servo, the max sweep that i'm getting is low. i want to increase its sweep angle, how can i do that?
plzz help me asap..!!
abhimanyu

Postby abhimanyu » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:50 pm

What type of Power Supply are you using to power up the servo?
If you are supplying USB 5V to both Arduino and servo, then the servo will not run at its full specification. You should provide a separate regulated 5V supply, preferable high current, to the servo. And, Signal pin of the servo may be connected to Arduino's PWM pin. Grounds of Arduino, Servo and its separate Power Supply should be tied together.

Analog Servo vs Digital Servo: Digital servos have a microcontroller circuitry inside and work at a much higher frequency than the analog servos. Also, Digital servos have higher Holding Torque than its Analog counterpart.
Differences explained by Futaba

Share your code here to further discuss the matter.

Return to “Wireless”