bluetooth protocols

Discuss all your queries related to xBee, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi here
pentykn1

bluetooth protocols

Postby pentykn1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:26 pm

sir,
I am a computer science student, i don't know much about Electronics.. can you say me, how can i use bluetooth mate gold to pair and communicate data with other devices. I have a pro min, a bluetooth mate gold, i jus want to send and recive data through bluetooth. I have also read the data sheet of RN-41 , it says i have to program the bluetooth mate. How to do that?
abhimanyu

Re: bluetooth protocols

Postby abhimanyu » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:18 am

To pair the Bluetooth Mate Gold to your PC, you will need to follow the steps that you take to pair your cell phone.
The default passkey is '1234'.

You may start sending/ receiving data from Pro-mini to your PC via any Serial Software like Hyper Terminal or Arduino's inbuilt Serial Monitor. Be sure to change the baud rate to 115200 bps

There is no need to program the BMG module as long as you are using the default baud rates and protocols.
If you need to change the defaults, you need to enter Command Mode

RN-41 Command Set
Navigate to Page 3. Under Section 1.1 Making a Connection.
By default the Roving Networks device shows up under the Bluetooth Devices directory as Serial Port Profile (SPP) Service “FireFly-ABCD”, where “FireFly” is the type of Roving Networks device and “ABCD” is the last four nibbles of the Bluetoot MAC address.

Return to “Wireless”