ardupilot

Discuss everything related to Arduino - Open-source electronic prototyping platform allowing to create interactive electronic objects.
dddwivedi

ardupilot

Postby dddwivedi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:21 am

i got brand new apm 2.5 board from explore labs only, while setting up the board for first time , before uploading the firmware , out of curiosity i clicked on connect . it got connected via MAVlink. i disconnected it again and tried to upload firmware of arduplane but now i am getting an error as not connected while it uploads the firm ware. what should i do, please tell me about the flexibility that the the same board can be used for different purposes like, plane ,copter or not...
please reply asap!!
thank you.
abhimanyu

Re: ardupilot

Postby abhimanyu » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:58 am

You can try removing all instances of Mission Planner and any drivers that were installed with it.
Download the latest Mission Planner software from 3D Robotics here.

And follow the exact instructions from here: http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega ... stallation. (This is an old guide).
dddwivedi

Postby dddwivedi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:00 am

i am able to upload the firmware using arduino ide, now what are the steps for running a program written in arduino using mission planner i.e basically how to upload the script .
abhimanyu

Postby abhimanyu » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Check out the official guide from 3D Robotics here:
Loading the code for APM - ArduRover (Copter, Plane should be similar)

Under Mission Planner Section, it is written that you have to perform a Soft Reset.

MISSION PLANNER
Whether the MP or the Arduino IDE has been used to load the APM or PX4 with the Rover2 code, it is recommended to use the Terminal Tab to invoke the CLI and perform a soft reset (setup the EEPROM) of APM/PX4 followed by a hard reset of the APM/PX4 by pressing the reset switch.

Return to “Arduino”